October 5th, 2017
Our Fall Newsletter contains information about our International Credit Union Day Celebration, New ScoreCard Rewards, Credit Score Monitoring and more!
We've added several new features to the website:
September 22nd, 2017
Due to the recent Equifax breach, some members could be at risk from criminals using their stolen information to fraudulently open accounts. This means identity theft is the threat from this breach. You can visit Equifax's website to determine if you were potentially impacted. To find out, you will have to enter part of your social security number along with your last name. The results will tell you whether they believe your personal information was not impacted or may have been impacted by this incident.
Either way, you should sign up for the free TrustedID Premier credit file monitoring and identity theft protection.
Then, take the following steps to protect your identity:
- Don't respond to emails, texts or telephone calls asking for personal or financial information.
- Frequently review account activity and immediately report unauthorized transactions.
- Place an initial fraud alert with a credit bureau, which is free and will apply to all the credit bureaus.
- Consider the benefits and drawbacks of credit freezes, which are more secure and longer-term than fraud alerts, but more restrictive.
- Always use multi-factor authentication when available.
- Update PINs and passwords, including email passwords, and follow best practices (i.e.: using long and complex phrases, and never re-using passwords).
- Enroll and opt-in for transaction monitoring.
- Enroll in Verified by VISA / MasterCard Secure Code.
If you'd like to place an initial fraud alert, contact one of the bureau's fraud division: Experian, 888-397-3742; TransUnion, 800-680-7289; Equifax, 800-525-6285.
Monitor Your Credit Score & Credit Report in Home Banking
You can monitor your credit report by activating the Credit Score box in home banking. This is a new service offered to help you understand and improve your credit score. It's also a great tool to monitor loans being reported in your name.
We are providing this service in partnership with TransUnion. At this time, our regular loans do not report to TransUnion but our VISA Credit Cards do so you will not see regular loans in your credit report account list. We are preparing to report to them so you will see a change in the near future.
Please call or email with any questions.
Set Up Visa Credit Card Alerts in eZCard
It's easy to monitor the activity on your credit card by setting up alerts. Just log in to your Visa account and set up the alerts you'd like. A few examples of the alerts available:
- A single transaction exceeds
- Available credit drops below
- Payment due in X days
- and many more.
May 11th, 2017
NEW FEATURE: Deposit checks from your living room with Remote Deposit Capture. Important facts you should know: 2 day hold on deposits, max amount = $3,000.00, cut off time = 2:45pm.
Our smartphone app puts a UGEFCU branch in your pocket 24/7. The app is free for our members and helps you stay connected to your money no matter where your travels take you. Just log on to Home Banking to activate Mobile Banking. App Code: MobileUGEFCU Click here for detailed instructions. Then take us anywhere. With our smartphone app, you can:
- Deposit checks
- View your account balances
- Check your transaction history
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Pay UGEFCU loans
- Locate a surcharge free ATM
If you need assistance or have any question, please call us at 315-733-1596.
May 18th, 2016
Family – All of your relatives are eligible for membership in our credit union. Talk to them today about becoming part of our credit union family and taking advantage of:
Low loan rates
E-statements, online and mobile account access
Direct deposit with Surcharge free ATM access worldwide
Friends – Your friends may already be eligible to join if they work for one of our Select Employee Groups. For example, Town of New Hartford employees and their relatives can join.
*Membership eligibility restrictions apply but we'd love to talk to you about making your friends eligible. Call 315-733-1596 for details.
April 1st, 2016
- The Bill Payment System - Access through ACCOUNT ACCESS
- After you log in to ONLINE BANKING, hover over BILL PAYMENT and click on Enrollment Options
- Follow the prompts to ENROLL
- NEXT, hover over BILL PAYMENT and click on Pay Bills
- You will need to TURN OFF YOUR POP UP BLOCKER
- Call 315-733-1596 for assistance